Entry restrictions to Norway
Based on the recommendation of the FHI entry restrictions to Norway apply to Germany, Denmark and other countries (overview map and further information here). Please check ahead of each trip whether you are authorized to enter. The restrictions have different consequences for our ferry operations. If travel restrictions change our departures may also change.
- Passenger traffic from Germany to Norway will be cancelled from 28.08. until further notice. All affected guests will be contacted by email.
- Guests who are currently staying in Norway can still return with Color Line (from 4.11. only on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays with Color Magic). New arrival time in Kiel is 11:00.
- The ships continue to operate with Norwegian guests (without going ashore in Kiel) and cargo on board.
- New bookings are possible for travels from 19.12.2020.
- Our SuperSpeed ferries continue to carry cargo and passengers between Denmark and Norway. Please note the travel restrictions to Norway.
- Departure times: see timetable Hirtshals - Larvik / Kristiansand
- Please also check the entry requirements for Denmark: further information can be found here.
To ensure our passengers a safe journey, Color Line has now introduced requirements for the use of face masks on board ships between Norway and Denmark. All passengers over the age of 12 must therefore wear a face mask during the entire crossing, except when consuming food and drink, and when driving on board and ashore. We encourage everyone to bring a face mask, but it will also be possible to buy this at the reception on board and at check-in.
- All departures of our ferries between Sweden and Norway are cancelled to 02.11.2020.
Free upgrade to FLEX
Secure the FLEX tariff free of charge. Anyone booking a new crossing with departure date in 2020 and 2021 before December 1st can change or cancel it free of charge up to 24 hours before departure.
Ticket to a cancelled departure
All guests with tickets affected by a cancellation will be contacted via email. We would love to have you back on board again, and therefore offer to change your departure dates at no extra cost. If you need to change your dates again, you can do so up until 24 hours before departure.
Ticket to a regular departure
Our departures will be scheduled based on guidelines from the authorities. All guests with tickets affected by a cancellation will be contacted. If you want to cancel a booking on a departure that has not been cancelled by Color Line our general terms and conditions apply.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and incoming messages. We apologize for a longer waiting time than usual.
Over your mouth and nose protects others when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away immediately. Then wash your hands.
When you cough or sneeze and do not have a tissue handy.
Thoroughly and often, particularly when around other people.
With alcohol based products is a good alternative when you are unable to wash your hands, for example while travelling.
Authorities are updating information continuously. Please visit their pages for further information:
Norwegian Institute of Public Health: https://www.fhi.no/en/
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
Robert Koch Institute: https://www.rki.de/EN/Home/homepage_node.html
Statens Serum Institute: https://en.ssi.dk/
Public Health Agency of Sweden: https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/the-public-health-agency-of-sweden/